Thursday, February 13, 2014

Just In Time For Valentine's Day

I was browsing the blogosphere and came across this post at The Word Of A Nerd on how the love for her husband grew over time. Yes, an argument to the theory of--the hopeless romantic’s dream--love at first sight.

This isn’t the first time I’d thought of my feelings on this subject. As I’m still on my single and dating journey, this has definitely been one of the questions I’ve asked myself - “how do you know when you’ve met ‘the one.’” To be completely honest, I’m still not sure that I know.

I’ve met guys that I’ve connected with immediately due to us sharing a passion for a given subject. There’s even been guys that I’ve been instantly attracted to and maybe experienced a more than normal surge of that “love drug.”

But, as I grow older, I understand more that love is a mature emotion and maturity represents growth, development. I no longer believe that the surface sensibility to gauge love rests completely in sight. I do think it’s something that takes time to develop. Is this to say that I don’t want the eye-gazing, lapse in breath, or all of the other classically defined signs of “love?”

No. What is means is that as I've matured, the meaning of what love is has matured for me as well. Just as I've had to evolve into who I'm becoming, so does love.

No comments:

Post a Comment