Friday, July 11, 2014

Life Happens


I never got into the groove of blogging regularly, so not sure if my absence was noticed. But, I unintentionally took a three month hiatus. But, I'm back.


I was going through some growing pains - I think that's a good way to describe it. A couple months ago, I was lost. Not quite sure of what my life had in store for me and feeling that everything had been thrown off of its axis. I don't want to paint the picture that I hit some devastating rock bottom - Thank God for that. But, when I looked inwardly, I just didn't like who I was or the trajectory I was on.

So, I made some changes. In my last few posts, I'd started speaking on my spirituality and  growing in that direction. I'm still on that journey, but I feel better than I've ever felt before. I've gained perspective in areas of my life that I didn't have before.

But, most importantly I learned to let go. I spent (and am still sometimes guilty of this) a lot of my time worrying. In hindsight, about nothing. There's such peace in giving those worries over to God and understanding that as a part of his plan the next move isn't your will or concern.

My life is not my own. I'm working to accept this and let go of my desires, wants, and wishes. I'm exploring ways to help and be of service to others - with the belief that this is where I will find true fulfillment.

I started this blog to record my journey to womanhood and exploring what that truly means.  I mentioned here the scripture that I was led to when initially creating this blog. A scripture that at the time, I'd misunderstood. But, with clarity and new outlook, I've found the way.

My blog will continue to document my journey, but using Him as my guide.





No comments:

Post a Comment