Sunday, March 30, 2014

Week In Review | Reflections (3/24 - 3/30)

I've been thinking of ways to maintain a more consistent presence on my blog. I thought Total Truth Thursdays were going to be my answer, but I've found myself opting out on a few topics because they weren't adding to my blog or on subjects I cared to discuss.



This rainy weekend afforded me the opportunity to reflect - resulting in the first post of my "Week In Review" series. A year ago I went through this phase of answering twenty questions at the end of the week in hopes of gaining some insight to carry into the following week. Twenty questions became a bit daunting, so "Week In Review" will be my scaled back version. Enjoy!

What did I learn last week?
I learned that I place too many expectations on people based on how I would behave or think that they should behave in a given situation. I learned that I need to accept people for who they show themselves to be and limit any expectations beyond my control.

Which moment from last week was the most memorable and why?
It's more personal than I care to divulge and too fresh for me to know why it was memorable.

What is the number one thing I need to accomplish this week?
I actually don't have anything [personal] that needs to be accomplished this week and that doesn't sit well with me.

What can I do right now to make the week less stressful?
Put Alexis first.

Am I carrying any excess baggage into the week that can be dropped?
Emotional baggage, always. I'm willing to let bygones be bygones. If it doesn't affect my personal safety or health, it's not important.

What am I looking forward to during the upcoming week?
Getting back to happy and prioritizing myself.

Have any of my recent actions moved me closer to my goals?
Unfortunately, no.


No comments:

Post a Comment