Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Low Hanging Fruit

In my week in review series, debuted HERE, I will be tracking my progress in reaching the goals outlined in my 101 list. Since some are a bit high reaching, I decided to go after what we refer to in my industry as "low hanging fruit." For those unfamiliar with the term, it refers to the opportunities within reach that don't require any extreme effort.


I've been seeing a lot of the blogosphere making commitments to read more in 2014 and I decided to jump on the bandwagon. I figure it's a simple enough goal that I can begin right away and that won't require any immediate planning or additional purchases.




I browsed my bookcase to see whether anything jumped out at me and, of course, I was underwhelmed. My collection is made up of mostly fiction and I've really taken to non-fiction in the past few years. Start With Why by Simon Sinek managed to grab my attention so I'll be starting there. I received the book from a former boss of mine who really aided in shaping me professionally.

To hold myself accountable, I plan to post either a reaction or learning from what I'm currently reading on a weekly basis. I'm not much for reviews, so I figured this was a good alternative for me.

If any of you have any goals to read more in 2014, I'd love to hear them. Also, if there are any non-fiction fans - book suggestions are very welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment